Not too much to report today. Things are looking good and he is starting to get the hang of breathing on his own. His respitory rates are down and that is what we need to happen in order to start feeding him with a bottle. I got to hold him today for about an hour. While I was holding him, he opened his eyes and looked at me. He kept staring at both me and Shaun. So, we felt like he recognized who we were. We also got to help tube feed him and change a poopy diaper. The talk is that he may get to moved back to Lexington tomorrow. Richaland has had a lot of new arrivals and since he is doing so much better they want to move him back. Lexington is a level 2 nursery and since he no longer requires as much care, he can go back there. This would also be good for us. The 40 min. drive to Richland is beginning to take a toll on us. I can't imagine how some parents do it for months. We are having to wait on all his test results tomorrow to make sure he is good to go before they transfer him. Shaun and I were a little hesitant on the transfer but they insist that he is doing fine and that he will mainly be there in order to work on feeding. Apparently feeding for babies with respitory problems can be a problem. So...I guess it is a wait and see thing. Just say a little prayer that if he does move back to lexington, that he will handle the transport okay. Transport was what was so scary for us last time so we are a little scared of that. They assure us that he will be fine!
2 days ago