Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thomas is HOME!






Well, we brought Thomas home yesterday. It was such an exciting day! Isabella was excited to meet and spend time with her baby brother. She is such a wonderful helper. She likes helping burp him, feed him, and even change his diaper. It has been so much fun having him home today. Everything is looking good with him. We took him for his first check-up at the doctor today. Everything sounded and looked normal. We go back next week for one more check and then hopefully we will get on the normal check-up schedule. The only follow-up that we have from this is we will have to take him to a pediatric cardiologist at 6 months. This will be where they check the hole that is in his heart chambers. They assure us that this is something that will clear up hopefully by then if not, it should clear up by the time he is three. So, everything is looking good for our little man. Thanks for all the prayer and support. This has been a tough two weeks but we made it through and we are all home together! :)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey Jamie!
I came across on your blog (maybe on Facebook??) and I was so glad that I did. I know you are so happy to have him home with y'all. Both he and Isabella are beautiful--I hope I have an opportunity to meet them soon! It's crazy that we have become old enough to be married and have babies! I feel like we should still be in high school! I will be praying for y'all and Thomas' full recovery!
Brooke (Faulkner) Vickery